Love Crafty Creations!

May God bless the work of your hands! :)



Martha Stewart - American Made 2014 - Nominee Badge


Saturday, September 8, 2012

Momma's Bling Bling Football Hat



Oh yes, it is time for football!  As a football lover myself, I was super excited when my youngest son decided to play flag football this year.  He is definitely built for football.  Always one of the tallest kid's in his class, as well as towering over older brother, he is definitely built to play football!  Football coaches began approaching me when he was only 4 years old.  They wanted him to play on their teams.  But, Oh No!  Momma was not ready to let him go just yet!

However, as you know, our children keep growing whether we want them to or not.  When he expressed interest in playing flag football, it was time to give in.  I can handle beginning with flag football... I think.  LOL 

My youngest boo boo is very, very social.  He loves any activity or sport where he can talk and play with other kids.  With this in mind, I realize he will probably be more interested in talking and playing around than actually focusing on the football. 

He played soccer for one season and was a total HAM!!!  He loves attention, any attention.  Instead of running down the field, he would prance down the field waving at family and friends, not paying one bit of attention to the ball... LOL!!!  Gotta love him though.  He is just too cute.

I decided I needed a hat for his games.  Simply must let everyone know I am his Momma.  Whether he turns out to be the team clown or not, he is MINE and I am very PROUD of him regardless!  He is so full of loving and kindness.

Time to get to work...

Supplies included a black baseball hat, fabric patches, foam letters, foam cutouts, foam stickers, fabric glue and bling bling. 



The fabric pieces tend to be the hardest part.  Make sure you have super sharp, fabric scissors for cutting the detailed corners, curves and edges of the fabric patches.  Otherwise, many fabrics will begin to shred.

I highly recommend adding a patch type backing to your fabric before adding it to your crafty creation.  The patch bonding adds an extra layer and helps to hold the shape.  Plus it prevents fabric shredding. 

Heat n Bond Lite Iron-On Adhesive is my fave!  I usually purchase the 5 ¼ yards package due the cost savings.  However, there is a smaller package available for smaller jobs. 

After the patches are finished, it is time to begin decorating the hat itself.  Fabric glue is the key to making sure your fabric, foam and bling pieces stay put.  Tacky glue or crafts glue is just not strong enough for washing, etc.



And here is the final product…













I can’t wait to wear it to my boo boo’s football game!
 



If you are more interested in crafty ideas, please feel free to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and/or Twitter for creative ideas, projects and tips.

~ Christi T :)
Putting God first everyday in every way!


Crafty creations, projects and tips for everyday needs, gifts, decorating, do it yourself projects, party planning, cooking and more valuable resources and information are free online. I love to share my crafty finds with you. For more free resources and tips follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and/or Twitter.

My website is www.ShopChristi.com. Check it out!

God Bless You! :)





Follow Me on Pinterest

www.ShopChristi.com | Promote Your Page Too


CraftsPerhaps | Promote Your Page Too


No comments:

Post a Comment