Love Crafty Creations!

May God bless the work of your hands! :)



Martha Stewart - American Made 2014 - Nominee Badge


Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Bling Bling Bathroom Decor Project



This bathroom décor project includes two baskets and one magnet.  So far, anyway!  I am sure there will be more crafty décor projects for the bathroom soon.

The project began after realizing the magazine basket in the bathroom was beginning to fall apart and really needed to go.  It was definitely time for a new magazine holder.  With a huge box of baskets in storage, I decided it was time to get to work.

The bathroom is a lighthouse and beach theme.  Keeping this in mind, I selected a white, washed out look basket from my box.  It would match the toilet paper basket holder already in the bathroom.  Instantly thinking, I can decorate both to match! 

Before going any further, crafty inspiration was needed.  Going to my favorite crafty websites, I found the best lighthouse and beach scenery pictures on Pinterest.com.  After finding the perfect one for the bathroom décor project inspiration, I began work on replicating the scene by adding crafty embellishments to the magazine basket. 

A single piece of dark blue, water stained fabric fit perfectly inside the basket.  After creating the desired look with the fabric, I applied fabric glue around the top of the basket to secure the fabric. 




Blue rocks for the ocean, earth tone rocks for natural rocks around the lighthouse and a lighthouse with lots of bling bling were added with clear Tacky craft glue or fabric glue. 

Fortunately, I saved the little lighthouse hooks from our previous shower curtain.  They were too cute to throw away.  Plus, I thought they might be useful one day. 

Anticipating their imminent use, the lighthouses were already decorated.  On a prior magnet project, I removed the shower hooks from the back and added bling bling to the front.  With three left over, it was the exact number needed to complete this project.  




They created the perfect crafty embellishments, a focal point, for the magazine basket, toilet paper basket and the beach magnet.  






Once the lighthouse and bling bling were added to the magazine basket, it was time to add the same design to the toilet paper, cylinder basket.  It was already lined with a cream fabric.  




Simply adding the rocks, crafty embellishments and bling bling to match the magazine basket, it was quickly completed.   




Last but not least, the beach magnet was crafted from painted Popsicle sticks, earth tone rocks, stickers and bling bling.  It was the perfect final addition the bathroom décor project.  It is currently centered on the top shelf of the bathroom shelving unit.




As usual, there were lessons learned from this project.  The rocks are falling off the baskets!  Tragic, I know.  However, not a total loss, the trick is to use wood glue!   Wood glue is more heat resistant and holds the heavier pieces better as well.

Currently, I am re-gluing the rocks with wood glue.  Moving forward, wood glue is the key when using any type of wood in your crafty project. 

Overall, I was very pleased with the results.  Lessons learned and all, the completed bathroom décor project was a success.  In fact, more ideas are already swimming around in my head!  LOL  :)




If you are more interested in crafty ideas, please feel free to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and/or Twitter for creative ideas, projects and tips.

~ Christi T
Putting God first everyday in every way!

Crafty creations, projects and tips for everyday needs, gifts, decorating, do it yourself projects, party planning, cooking and more valuable resources and information are free online. I love to share my crafty finds with you. For more free resources and tips follow me on Pinterest, Facebook and/or Twitter.

My website is www.ShopChristi.com. Check it out!

God Bless You! :)






Follow Me on Pinterest

www.ShopChristi.com | Promote Your Page Too


CraftsPerhaps | Promote Your Page Too


No comments:

Post a Comment