Love Crafty Creations!

May God bless the work of your hands! :)



Martha Stewart - American Made 2014 - Nominee Badge


Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Taco and Spanish Rice Cooking Adventure Success - Recipes Included

Mexican food is my absolute favorite. I've always wanted to know how to make authentic Spanish rice. After years of making Spanish or taco rice from a package, I decided to attempt my own recipe. Why stop there? Why not attempt my own taco recipe too? So last night I tried both.

If I do say so myself, the rice and tacos were awesome! I simply could not believe that it worked. The Spanish rice turned out just like my favorite Mexican restaurants. The tacos were mouth watering. My hubby loved it too!

Tonight, I created supreme nachos with the leftovers. The nachos were quick and easy to whip up since I did all the work the night before. All in all, one night's adventure created two tasty, inexpensive meals!


TACO MEAT RECIPE

2 lbs. hamburger meat (ground chuck works great)
1 onion (diced small)
1/2 bell pepper (diced small)
can of diced tomatoes
1/2 pkg. taco seasoning
pinch of chili powder
salt
pepper


Combine hamburger meat, onion and bell pepper with seasonings in a skillet.

Cook on medium-high heat until well browned.

Drain in colander and serve.


SPANISH RICE RECIPE

2 cups cooked rice
1-2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon taco seasoning
pinch of chili powder
2 tablespoons picante sauce
salt
pepper


Use the taco meat skillet drippings for extra flavor.

Melt butter in skillet.

Add rice, seasonings and picante sauce.

Cook on medium-high heat until the desired crispness is achieved.


ENJOY!

I hope you find this information helpful. I often tweet about this type of information on my twitter page at http://twitter.com/shopchristi. Follow me on twitter for the latest information on cooking, crafts, decorating, party ideas, shopping suggestions and lots more.

My website is www.ShopChristi.com. Check it out!




No comments:

Post a Comment